Our COVID Response
Updated on 13th July 2021
We’re pleased to announce that we have begun our balloon flights once again.
Please read the information below about what we’re doing to keep our passengers, pilots & crew safe during our flights.
COVID-19 Control Measures & Flight Rules
- You MUST NOT attend the flight if you or anyone you have been in contact within the last 10 days has shown signs of, or have symptoms of coronavirus (Symptoms of COVID-19 and medical advice). If you can not attend the flight for this reason you must inform our office with as much notice as possible. Simply not turning up on the day will result in a no show and you forfeiting your right to a flight in the future (as per our T&C’s).
- Face mask wearing is at passenger discretion. As an outdoor activity we don’t feel a need to enforce mask wearing.
- Hand sanitiser will be available before, during and after the flight and must be used before touching the balloon equipment.
- Our basket carries pilot + 8 and is set out with two passengers per compartment. Those passengers flying on their own may have to share a compartment with another single passenger.
- Passengers may be required to wear face masks during transportation back to the launch site and must adhere to the minibus companies COVID procedures.
- The basket and ground equipment will be thoroughly sanitised by the crew after each flight.
All of the above is subject to change and will be assessed on a regular basis.
Please only book onto a flight if you understand and are happy to adhere to the control measures above.
Thank you for your continued support of our small family business and we hope that you and your loved ones are kept safe and well.
We look forward to flying you soon.
Chief Pilot – Yorkshire Balloon Flights