Commercial Balloon Flights Recommence in York
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve now been given the green light to fly our passenger balloons to their full capacity and will recommence our balloon flights in Yorkshire from the 10th of August 2020*. Please read the information below about what we’re doing to keep our passengers, pilots & crew safe during these flights.
*Please note the above is subject to changes beyond our control if we have another local or national lockdown.
COVID-19 Control Measures & Flight Rules
- You MUST NOT attend the flight if you or anyone you have been in contact within the last 14 days has shown signs of, or have symptoms of coronavirus. If you can not attend the flight for this reason you must inform our office with as much notice as possible. Simply not turning up on the day will result in a no show and you forfeiting your right to a flight in the future (as per our T&C’s).
- Temperatures will be taken and noted down for each passenger during check-in.
- All passengers must wear a face mask from start to finish of the experience. Please bring your own face mask if possible.
- Hand sanitiser will be available before, during and after the flight and must be used on a regularly including before touching the balloon during set up and pack down.
- Standard 2 meter distancing must be maintained where possible, reduced to 1 meter plus providing additional mitigation (see above).
- Our basket carries pilot + 8 and is set out with two passengers per compartment. Those passengers flying on their own may have to share a compartment with another single passenger.
- Once onboard it is accepted that social distancing is not possible, so as well as wearing a face mask passengers from separate households will be encouraged to keep their backs to each other by facing out of the basket.
- The post-flight champagne/toast ceremony has been suspended until further notice.
- Passengers must continue to wear their face masks during transportation back to the launch site and must adhere to the minibus companies COVID procedures.
- The basket and ground equipment will be thoroughly sanitised by the crew after each flight.
All of the above is subject to change and will be assessed on a regular basis.
Please only book onto a flight if you understand and are happy to adhere to the control measures above.
Would Prefer To Wait Until 2021 To Fly?
If you have a current flight voucher and would prefer to book onto a flight next year when COVID-19 may be less of a worry it’s no problem! Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to extend your flight voucher into 2021.
Thank you for your continued supporting our small family business and we hope that you and your loved ones are kept safe and well.
We look forward to flying you soon.
Chief Pilot – Yorkshire Balloon Flights
Last Updated on 29/07/2020